A Sunday Feasts Event
Selina Periampillai runs a popular Mauritian Supper Club from her home, regularly cooking with her mother, she has learnt a wealth of authentic traditional dishes which she is enthusiastically shares with diners. Partnering with Jason Horeesorun, inspired by his mother Jameela, he is a passionate Street Food Vendor travelling the country bringing the taste of Mauritius to the Streets of the UK.
MENU FOR 25 NOV:
Arrival Cocktail- with a Mauritian twist
A Trio of Gajacks (Mauritian Starters)
* Gateaux Piment - Popular street food, split pea chilli cakes, fried so crispy & delicious
* Du Pain Frier - Crispy chickpea bread
* Gateaux Bringele - Battered aubergine, with spring onion, & fresh coriander
Served with a Refreshing Salade
Satini's- Tamarind Sweet & Sour, Coriander Satini
*Roti Chaud- Grois Pois - Butterbean curry, Rougaille- Spicy tomato based sauce, wrapped in a fresh roti accompanied with
* Achar- Vegtable Pickle
* Cari Poulet - Mauritian Chicken Curry, with special home spices!
*Bol Renversee- (Upside Down Bowl) a traditional Mauritian-Chinese influenced dish, with rice and fried egg
* Fish Vindaye-Mustard, spiced fish pickle, traditionally served cold
* Mauritian Fricasse- Vegetables
* Banane Frier - Warm banana laced with Green Island rum, demerara, sandwiched in toast, served with a Mauritian vanille syllabub
* Refreshing Fruit Platter
* Pudine Mais - Traditional polenta cake with sultanas & coconut
We have the right to suprise you on the night, with more treats! ;)
Copy and paste the html code below to your blog post about this experience. The Edible Experiences logo will show up in your blog post, wherever you have chosen to position it. We will automatically create a link to your blog post from this experience's listing page. We look forward to reading your post!