hosted by Taste Mauritius
We are honoured to take part in the line of hosts for #MyLondonSupperclubs created by friend Asma Khan of Darjeeling Express we are to show off our diversity and togetherness in the face of Brexit.
Taste Mauritius is back on the scene with this one-off evening of Mauritian delights, making some of our most popular dishes and to highlight the background and cultural cross-overs and influences we have in our wonderful cuisine due to the history of the Island.
These are dishes that we would sit at home and eat with the family, the lamb curry is favourable family recipe and the main meal is served how we would eat at home, a true authentic meal. Showing how we use light French herbs like thyme in our Creole style rougaille dish, or our homemade Mauritian masala blend using Indian spices in our Lamb Cari.
So please come and join us, experience our magnificent cuisine through flavour and taste.
Our melting pot menu demonstrates a traditional Mauritian meal that transcends French, Creole and Indian Influences on the Island. Menu is subject to slight change & additions!
- Gateaux Piment Lentil Balls with Coriander/Tomato Chutney (V)
- Shrimp Croquettes with Cucumber Salad & Coconut Tamarind Satini (Gluten-free)
- Slow Cooked Mauritian Lamb Cari (lovingly made with coriander, our spice blend, garlic and ginger)
- Rougaille Ti Pois (French inspired spicy Creole Tomato Sauce cooked with fresh thyme, chayote and our own garden peas) (V)
- Tropical Salad (a finely sliced, fresh,veggie salad with flavours of the exotic) (V)
- Zasar (a Mauritian pickle, made with turmeric, mustard seeds and vegetables a traditional accompaniment)
- Cardamom & Cassia Rice (basmati rice infused with spices)
- Caramelised Mauritian Molasses & Vanilla Pineapple served with homemade Chamarel Spiced Rum & Raisin ice cream