hosted by Muya Ethiopian Vegan
Experience the communal atmosphere and traditional aromas of an authentic Ethiopian feast!
Whether you're a first timer or an experienced Ethiopian food lover, you are in for an exotic experience with Muya Ethiopian. Come and enjoy a party in your mouth, delicious fusion of flavours that comes with authentic Ethiopian cuisine!
With extensive experience in Ethiopian cuisine Muya Ethiopian aims to capture the traditional aromas and 100% authentic flavours of classic Ethiopian Cuisine, but with the influence of contemporary presentation.
Three course set meal:
INTRODUCTION TO INJERA (Injera is a yeast risen flatbread with a unique, slightly spongy texture, made of rice flour and wheat flour.)
- Shredded injera mixed with spiced chickpeas, fresh diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno and olive oil.
- Finely grounded chickpeas simmered in onion, ginger and garlic.
- Lentils simmered with onion, garlic, ginger and berbere* chili powder.
- Fresh spinach simmered in its own juice and herbs.
- Ethiopian style fresh salad, mixed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Bulgur wheat seasoned with Kibe*.
Served with injera*.
- Baklava with banana and strawberries.
Berber: Ethiopian spicy grounded chili pepper containing onion, garlic, ginger, dried basil, cloves, cardamom, white and black pepper.
Most of our dishes are prepared with kibe, Kibe is a clarified vegan gee simmered in koreima (ethiopian black cardamom) and Koseret *Ethiopian lippia javancia).