Extract from Beer Academy website:
* Beer Sommelier
* Advanced Course
* Foundation Course
* How to Judge Beer
* Making Beer & Food Dance
* 90 Minute Tasting Sessions
* Gift Vouchers
* Courses Feedback
How To Judge Beer (Half Day)
A half-day Beer Academy training course designed to help professionals, enthusiasts and beginners understand how to assess and judge the quality and style of a beer. This knowledge can be used to enhance the experience and enjoyment of tasting beer as well as preparing judges in beer competitions for the processes and standards required.
1. Flavour; taste; aroma; smell - what do we mean?
- using the senses - sight, taste,
2. Where do beer flavours come from?
Raw materials - brewing - fermentation - maturation
3. Identifying the major flavour contributors in beer
- the flavour wheel - terminology - the language of flavour
4. Beer defects - flavours in the wrong place!
5. Beer styles
- where do they come from?
- how do we define them?
6. How do beer competitions work?
- how to prepare - practical tips
- panel interactions and protocols
The courses will be held at a range of venues around the UK with the London venue being The White Horseat Parsons Green.
Every course will be delivered by one of the Beer Academy's renowned tutors all of whom are Master Brewers and experienced Beer Tasters and Judges.
Class costs £65 + VAT
No future dates currently in our calendar.
Are you a blogger? Have you attended this experience and blogged about it? Share your views with our growing foodie community!
Don't have a blog? No worries, write a review here.
Copy and paste the html code below to your blog post about this experience. The Edible Experiences logo will show up in your blog post, wherever you have chosen to position it. We will automatically create a link to your blog post from this experience's listing page. We look forward to reading your post!