hosted by Wild Serai
Wild Serai is a nostalgic celebration of the very best of Malaysian cooking, with a strong Malay, Eurasian and Nyonya influence.
MENU FOR 4 NOV:
Welcome drinks and Nibbles
Keropok Udang (Giant Prawn crackers)
* Crab curry ala Augustin - made to a secret family recipe
* King prawn sambal petai - prawns simmered slowly in a chilli, shrimp paste, tamarind and lime leaf sauce. A Wild Serai supperclub hit!
* Eurasian Pork Vindaloo - Pork belly slow cooked in a fragrant blend of chilli, mustard seeds, curry leaves, garlic and apple cider vinegar. An Augustin family favourite!
* Grandma Lucille's met in your mouth Eurasian Oxtail Stew
* Tuna cutlets - Fried tuna and potato cutlets. Perfect with Linghams chilli sauce.
* Nyonya kerabu - Cucumber and pineapple salad to take the heat off!
* Stir fried okra
* Accompaniments - No Wild Serai Sunday feast table would be complete without cincalok (fermented shrimp sauce), sambal belachan (shrimpy chilli paste) and salted eggs
* Grandma Lucille's Bubur cha cha ( a Medley of warm freshly squeezed coconut milk, sweet potato, banana, sago pearls and earthy, raw palm sugar)
* Teh tarik - Aerated tea. Like an old school Malaysian tea-chino!
* Nyonya kuih ( Melaka straits sticky cakes)
Our dear and talented friend Rosemary of Rosy's kitchen is making her amazing homemade kaya (Southeast Asian egg-coconut jam) available for sale at our Sunday Feast.
A note from Rosemary:
"Kaya, meaning 'rich' in Malay, is a fragrant coconut-egg jam originating from Southeast Asia. Typically spread over buttered toast, kaya has a smooth, velvety texture and a sweet taste.
Rosy's Kitchen believes that good kaya can only be made by love, in small batches and using only the finest ingredients. We use free-range eggs sourced from our local farm, premium quality coconut milk and make each batch of kaya by hand. Our kaya is always freshly made and do not contain any artificial colours, flavouring or preservatives.
On 4 Nov Rosy's Kitchen will be doing our first ever kaya drop-off in central London. At a special advance-order price of £3.50 per 180g jar, you can pre-order and pick up your jars of kaya at School of Wok between 5 - 5.30pm.
For those attending WildSerai's amazing Sunday Feast event at 6.30pm, you can collect your jar during the event.
Stocks are limited are are sold on a first come first served basis, so whether you're kaya crazy or kaya curious, place your advance order now to avoid disappointment! Please place your order by Friday night. Thank you!"