hosted by The Backdoor Kitchen
For a few years, it is now tradition for Chef to spend the night at the airport on Christmas' Eve so to be at the table with family just in time for Christmas' Day lunch.
The atmosphere, the food, the flavours are always an inspiration for new combinations and ideas. Chef Rob's "Roman nights" are also some of the most popular here at the BDK: introducing to London the cuisine Chef grew up with and the very first flavours he had the chance to juggle around with. Tradition, creativity and the usual suitcase full of produce and secret ingredients brought back directly from the Eternal City. Come and join us this January as we champion the food of Emperors (Gladiator stomachs required)!
- Complimentary glass of Prosecco
- Tortino soffice di zucchine, gamberi e guanciale: Hold the line. stay with me! ...for you are in Elysium! Soft Courgette savoury cake, topped with marinated prawn and crispy guanciale laid on a bed of Pecorino romano and shellfish stock fondue.
- Suppli Broccoli e Salsiccia: Roman style Arancini filled with rice, Smoked scamorza, Broccoli cream, caramelised onion and Italian sausage cooked in red wine. Arancini pros are welcome to test Chef's perverse mind latest invention.
- Gricia di coppa, Porcini e Capesante: Homemade pasta tossed with sauteed wild mushroom, pan seared scallop and Roman Coppa (cured and spiced pork head). What we cook in life echoes in eternity!
- Coda alla Vaccinara: Maybe the most Roman thing after Coliseum ;) Ox's Tail tomato, red wine, herb, carrot, celery and onion stew finished with a touch of cocoa powder and served with roasted vegetables.
- Secret Dessert: A combination that was already known by the Ancient Romans tickled our mind putting together this supperclub's most hidden secret!