hosted by Rock Bakehouse
Our cake decorating basics class is a one day class where you will learn all there is know on how to cover and decorate a sponge cake with sugarpaste. The class is suitable for complete beginners or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake covering skills.
In this class you will learn:
- All about cakes and which ones are suitable for icing
- How to split, level, cut and fill and a cake ready to be iced
- How to apply a crumb coat to prepare your cake ready to be iced
- How to roll prepare and roll out your icing for covering
- How to cover your cake so that you get a professional, neat and flawless finish
- Working with levelers, spacers, smoothers and other equipment correctly
- How to colour icing corrently and what colourings to use
- How to finish off your cake board and cake
- Sugar flowers – you’ll make a selection of simple sugar flowers to decorate your cake with
- Colour palettes – how to find the correct colour scheme for your cake and incorporating it into the design
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cakes and cake decorating
The class starts at 10am and you’ll have a break for lunch before finishing at approximately 3.30pm. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day.
We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation!