hosted by Burmese Food and Beyond
Enjoy five courses of delicious Burmese food, courtesy of MiMi Aye, author of MANDALAY: Recipes and Tales from a Burmese Kitchen (Bloomsbury Absolute) and host of Burmese Food and Beyond, whilst raising money for a worthy cause - all proceeds will go to World Child Cancer's programme in Myanmar (Burma).
"World Child Cancer are delighted to have been chosen by MiMi as her charity for the launch of Mandalay: Recipes and Tales from a Burmese Kitchen. We have been working at Yangon Children’s Hospital since 2014. In that time the survival rates for the most common childhood cancers have risen from 50% to 76%. We are now aiming to repeat this success at Mandalay Children’s Hospital, whilst also increasing the number of children with cancer in Myanmar that receive a diagnosis, currently just 28%, so that many more children can access this treatment and with it the chance to grow up."
- Tamarind and Sugarcane Cooler (Magyi Hpyaw Yay)
- Assorted Fritters with Spicy-Sour Dipping Sauce (A-Kyaw Zone)
- Shan-style Tomato Rice Balls (Shan Htamin Chin)
- Mandalay-style Pork Noodles (Mandalay Meeshay) (vegetarian option available)
- Ginger and Sesame Salad (Gin Thoke)
- Semolina and Poppyseed Cake with Jaggery Cream (Sanwinmakin)
NB: Please let me know of any dietary restrictions on the booking form, as dishes can contain peanuts, fish sauce, and shrimp paste. Unfortunately we cannot cater for vegans or those on a gluten-free diet on this occasion.
I'll also be signing copies of my book MANDALAY: Recipe and Tales from a Burmese Kitchen (which you will be able to buy on the day).
Unit 32 (Third Floor)
8 Andrews Road
London E8 4QN