hosted by Rocket and Squash
Rollin Restaurant and Rocket and Squash are looking forward to putting on two brilliant evenings for the Supperclub Summit on 10 and 11 August.
Rollin Restaurant is a pop-up restaurant from Berlin. Paul, Paul and Björn specialise in innovative, modern European food, always served up in cool surroundings. Visit their website for reports of recent events. - http://rollinrestaurant.com/
Rocket and Squash (http://www.rocketandsquash.com) is a food blog written by Ed Smith - a lawyer who recently changed tack, retrained as a chef, and has ambitions as a food writer and pop-up event chef and host. As well as cooking with Rollin Restaurant, he is helping to co-ordinate the Supperclub Summit.
Ed's modern British style of cooking seeks to mix the best of the aesthetics, textures and sourcing ethos of New Nordic cuisine, with the honesty, sensibility and ultimately great tasting food of London institutions like the River Cafe, St John and the Anchor and Hope.
Paul, Paul, Björn and Ed had never met before being matched for this event, but it took very little time to recognise that they share a similar style of cooking. The collaboration promises great things.
Each evening will start at 19:45.
Possible dishes include:
* Cured Arctic char, lemon cream, fennel and apple
* Heritage tomatoes, dehydrated onions, sweet cucumber, olive crumb
* Rabbit loin and braised rabbit leg, tarragon and wild mushrooms
* Beef, pickled and roasted onions and beetroot
* Fluid goat cheese, walnut and sherry vinegar
* Frozen and fresh red berries, black pepper, cream, meringue
Tickets are £40 + £2.80 booking fee for six courses.