hosted by Donnowhat2cook
Budaya Kusina (Kitchen Culture) is a Malaysian-Filipino supperclub started by foodbloggers Lyn @Innovativebaker of www.donnowhat2cook.blogspot.com and Barry @CheapEatsBlog of cheapeatsandoccasionaltreats.wordpress.com/
Budaya Kusina is a play on both the Malaysian and Filipino languages. Budaya meaning culture in Malay and Kusina meaning kitchen in Tagalog, thus forming what is known as the Kitchen Culture!
Barry is the Filipino food specialist, while Lyn takes on the challenges of traditional Malaysian cuisine. With a taste for blending the two cuisines together, the dynamic duo is set to take the Supperclub to another world of heights in tastebuds.
* Inasal na manok - Filipino chicken skewers with Malaysian tangy chili dip
* Roti Jala - Malaysian lace pancakes, served with 3 dips
* Adobong Baboy - Filipino style tangy pork belly garlicky stew
* Ikan Bakar dengan sambal belacan - Grilled Fish stuffed with sambal belacan wrapped in banana leaf
* Rebusadong Gulay - Filipino style vegetable tempura
* Kerabu Mangga Timun - Mango and Cucumber Kerabu Salad
* Ibus - Filipino style sticky rice
* Sago Gula Melaka - Tapioca pearls with earthy raw palm sugar syrup
* Kuih Bingka Ubi - Tapioca Cake
* Sorbet Daun Limau Purut - Kaffir Lime Leaf Sorbet
* Coconut and pineapple tarts
* Malaysian teh tarik - Aerated or "pulled" tea. An old school tea-chino! Served with a twist ala Budaya Kusina