hosted by The Spice Angel
Are you a vegetarian? Love paneer? but haven't got a clue on how to make it at home? Then this class is ideal for you!
A refreshing cookery experience learning about your favourite curries. This hands on class offers you the opportunity to learn the basics and the traditional cooking techniques in the relaxed and informal atmosphere of my kitchen.
You will learn to balance the flavours by combining the spices and herbs which will produce amazing food using simple everyday ingredients. You will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions during the class, as you will have an added benefit of having the teacher for yourself guiding and explaining the procedure with you throughout the class.
Learn under the expert tuition of MasterChef 2014 Quarter Finalist Rani; learning everything you will need to enable you to create an authentic, healthy Indian meal, cook the curries you love with fresh ingredients and no artificial food colours or flavours.
You taste the food you have created as we go and take away the food enough for 2 people for your friends and family to try and hopefully some new skills to last you a lifetime.
All the recipes, ingredients, equipment, containers, aprons to use for the lesson are supplied.
You will learn to cook the following
- How to prepare paneer from scratch
- Paneer Jalfrezi
- Aloo Gobi (Spiced potato and cauliflower)
- Peas Pulao
Skills to learn:
- Making a curry base from scratch
- Marinating for maximising flavours
- How to prepare perfect rice by retaining the nutrients by the absorption method
- Serving suggestions
- Preparing ginger and garlic pastes
- Introduction to spices
- Information on sourcing and storing spices
- Tips for substituting ingredients
- Tips on cooking the food faster
- Basic knife skills and food hygiene skills
An excellent special occasion gift for your loved ones. Alternatively, a great opportunity for you to learn your favourite dishes.
This class is for participants who are aged 16 and over only.