hosted by La Petite Bouchee
It's time to "Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer"
Or in our case a beautiful wicker basket filled with French inspired favourites to choose from. Order your basket and wine/beer/fizz in advance, arrive at La Petite Bouchee between midday and two in the afternoon. You can either eat with us or go and find a beautiful spot in delightful Sydenham Wells Park. Then simply bring your picnic basket back** along with your rubbish when you're on your way home.
We’ve teamed up with unearthed®, a surrey based food brand, whose mission is to share their favourite food discoveries with you, using authentic ingredients and the expertise of great regional producers.
‘As soon as we stepped into La Petite Bouchée and found ourselves knee deep in oozing Vacherin cheese and tartiflette with home-cured bacon we knew we’d discovered food lovers that had the same approach to food as we do. So when Anita mentioned Bière gardens and picnics in the park, we jumped at the chance to be involved! This summer you can enjoy some of our French classics alongside the homemade delights that LPB has to offer.’
** There will be a £20 deposit on the picnic baskets, we'll return it once you bring the basket and your rubbish back to us
There's a choice of delcious French picnic food on the menu including:
- Pan Bagnet
- Flamiche (v)
- Salade Nicoise in a jar (p)
- mini fromage platter (v)
- Tapenade (v)
- Roast Provencal chicken
- Roasted Cherry tomato tarts
- Pissaladiere (p)
- Breton Far (v)
- Raspberry clafoutis (v)
- Shot of Strawberry mousse
Here are some of the wonderful and authentic unearthed® products you'll find in your basket this summer.
- unearthed® olives with Sipsmith® Gin
- Meaty Kalamata olives have been marinated in Sipsmith® London Dry Gin and orange zest to create an unusual take on the classic gin and olive pairing.
- unearthed® Slow Roasted Sun-Drenched Tomatoes
- Tasty sun smothered cherry tomatoes in a delicious herb dressing.
- unearthed® Leon Selection Platter
- A selection platter all the way from Leon in North West Spain containing dulce chorizo (a dry cured pork sausage seasoned with sweet paprika), picante chorizo (a dry cured pork sausage seasoned with hot paprika) and of Jamón Reserva (cured pork).
- unearthed® French Torchon Ham
- Torchon in French means ‘cloth’. This ham is wrapped whilst it cooks, to give it delicious French flavour.
- unearthed® French Selection Platter
- A French Selection Platter containing Saucisson Sec, Saucisson Sec coated with Herbes de Provence and delicious cured ham from the foothills of the Pyrenees.
- unearthed® Pork Rillettes
- Pork Rillettes- An all-time unearthed® favourite that hails from Le Mans, North-West France. This wonderfully tender, slow-cooked, shredded pork is simply crying out to be enjoyed with a crusty French baguette and a glass of red.
- unearthed® French Tarte Flambée
- This Tarte Flambée has lovely smoky flavours, just like the very first flambées cooked by Alsatian bakers at the bottom of their bread ovens. A delicate pastry base, topped with smoked lardons, crème fraîche & onion.
- unearthed® French Flan Slice
- Delicious pastry with a custard topping.
- unearthed® French Apple Tart
- Sweet French apples with delicious pastry.
- unearthed® French Pear & Almond Tart
- Sweet pear tart with a hint of almonds.
All served with baguettes and butter.
Cutlery, glasses, plates, napkins and a rubbish sack included in the price. Bring your own blanket !
- Beer ( lager ) £3.50 per bottle
- Wine ( red, white, Rose) From £18.00 per bottle
- Fizz £28.00 per bottle
- Water (FOC)
TICKETS: £30.00 is the price of each picnic basket. When you order you are buying a 1 basket not individual tickets.
We cater for 2 and 4. If you have a picnic party you'd like us to cater for then contact us directly at email@example.com