hosted by Carib Gourmet
Welcome to the Creole Canteen an evening of gargantuan Creole Caribbean eating!
Enjoy delicious and authentic food from the two small Creole islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.
A feasting menu you'll devour canteen style with simple tropical flavours and great company!
- Ti Punch - the ultimate Creole cocktail- and delicious homemade nibbles
- Breadfruit fritters - deliciously crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside, discover breadfruit, an underrated Caribbean staple (V)
- Coconut slaw - freshly grated coconut meat paired with ginger and chilli in a coconut milk coating (V)
- Avocado féroce - salted cod rolled in a spicy avocado mash and cassava flour
- Sauce chien - a delicious onion and garlic pickles with shots of habanero chili
Moving on to:
- Creole cassoulet - a supperclub FAVOURITE and massive HIT, slow-cooked casserole dish with a combination of pork cuts, beans and Vanessa's secret spice combination
- Pigeon peas and yam stew (V) - slow cooked pigeons peas with an explosion of spices, a comforting winter warmer that smells like a Caribbean Christmas in the kitchen
Creole beef pot roast - slow cooked, tender, spicy, soul filling, comforting... need we say more?
Octopus fricassée - an authentic Creole dish, octopus in its rich, tangy red sauce
Sweet potato and yam stew (V) - enjoy "hard food" like never before, in a rich, spicy sauce fragranced with thyme, scotch bonnet and a secret herb & spice mix
Creole rice - a fragranced rice with a mix of vegetables, homemade tomato sauce and Colombo curry mix
and finish with
Coconut flan - drizzled in homemade passion fruit syrup
Sounds like your type of evening? Book now!
Groups, Christmas parties and single individuals welcome!!
Bring your own alcohol, soft will be available for purchase on site!
Deli X is 30 seconds walk from Deptford Station (6 minutes from London Bridge)
Vegetarian options available, please mention when booking.